[XML-SIG] 4DOM and namespaces

Walter Dörwald walter@livinglogic.de
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:13:48 +0100

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> * Uche Ogbuji
> |
> | I think we really need to come up with a better alt to DOM (this is
> | another topic that frequently comes up).  Sort of a Pythonic JDOM.
>
> Yes! Yes, yes, YES! And the sooner, the better. The reason I don't
> participate much in DOM discussions is that I think it's a waste of
> time and that we should replace the whole thing with something better.
>
> Pyxie is a good place to look for inspiration.

Even better: Python is a good place for inspiration, i.e. document
fragments should behave like Python sequences (__getitem__, __setitem__,
__delitem__, append, insert, __len__) etc. and attribute maps should
behave like Python mappings (__getitem__, __setitem__, get, has_key, keys,
items, values, etc.). Elements should behave like both!

Bye,
    Walter Dörwald