[XML-SIG] PyXML and 4Suite possible conflict

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:07:51 +0100

> I suggest mentionning that the conflict will only occure with 4Suite
> version < 0.12. Since 0.12 will have it's own versions in Ft/Xml/XPath and
> Ft/Xml/Xslt, ther should be no conflict, as long as you know what you
> import.

Well, I'd rather not speculate about the future. Once 4Suite 0.12 is
released, we can say for sure.

> I have not checked in details, but I believe the main interfaces are
> compatible.

That is certainly the intention. However, it will still take some work
to get there. I guess from a 4Suite POV, PyXML will "just" be released
with an old version of 4XSLT. However, it is worse: In 4Suite 0.11,
the stylesheet reader is quite closely tied to pDomlette, to a degree
that integrating it into PyXML amounts to rewriting it from scratch.

Regards,
Martin