[XML-SIG] 4DOM and namespaces

22 Nov 2001 11:50:44 +0100

* Uche Ogbuji

| I think we really need to come up with a better alt to DOM (this is
| another topic that frequently comes up).  Sort of a Pythonic JDOM.

* Horatio Davis

| Would ISO groves (or a Pythonic variant thereof) be suitable?

To some extent they may be useful, but groves is not an API; it's just
a data model. The property set can certainly provide some guidance on
correct naming and structuring of the API (which the DOM folks should
have used), but for developer convenience methods and update methods
we'll have to look elsewhere.

| As a bonus you could then address the general case - SGML - as
| opposed to merely XML.

You can do that anyway. You can either use SX to convert your SGML to
XML before parsing it, or you can use pysp with its SAX driver and
read SGML as if it were XML.

| There was a pygrove project, I think. What ever happened to it?

Geir Ove Grønmo still has his GPS tool available. GPS is actually
quite powerful, and can do a lot of cool stuff.

--Lars M.