[XML-SIG] parsing xml schema

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 16:41:52 -0700

> "Martin v. Loewis" wrote:
>
> > > Unless it's changed a lot in the past two months, I'd avoid XSV -- just
> > > building it was an adventure.  :(
> >
> > Of course, I'd personally take a different route: avoid XML Schema in
> > the first place :-)
>
> I've been looking at pyTrex for the last couple of days, and it's pretty
> good.
>
> While the coverage of the "spec" is not 100%, it covers all the important
> areas, and most importantly can be extended with your own datatypes. All you
> need to do to add your own datatypes is implement a function which takes a
> string and returns true or false depending on whether the string is
> acceptable as an instance of that datatype or not.
>
> Now all I need to do is figure out how to make it work with 4Suite doms, and
> I'll be using it in my current project.

Don't hesitate to ask if yo need help with this task.  In fact, if you were
able to write up what you did to use PyTREX as a validator I would love to
make this available to others.

I too am no friend of XSD.  We tend to use Schematron or Examplotron when we
use schemas at all, but I like RELAX-NG/TREX.

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management