[XML-SIG] dom 2 sax events

Juergen Hermann Juergen Hermann" <jhe@webde-ag.de
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 16:12:58 +0100

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:18:26 +0100 (CET), Alexandre Fayolle wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Sylvain Thenault wrote:
>
>> Does this interest somebody ?
>> If people are interested, may be should we include it in pyxml ?
>
>I can do that. I think that putting it in xml.dom.ext would be a good
>place.
>
>Opinions?

Sounds useful. What we should check & decide then is whether we replace
any serializing code that is DOM-specific by SAX serializing (which has
advantages regarding consistency of output, and eliminates duplicate
code). The overhead of the additional function calls is negligable when
compared to generating & writing the bytes, I think.

Note that the LexicalXMLGenerator I committed yesterday allows to
serialize CDATA and comment nodes, and those event calls should be
added to Sylvain's code if he doesn't have them.