[XML-SIG] xmltok.dll

Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:41:30 +0200

> My name is Dan, and I am trying to fix my fathers PC.  I noticed your link
> in the web that Mentioned the files I seem to have problems with. About two
> months ago, my brother decided to download instant messenger to the PC, and
> then we came up with xmlparse.dll file not found, error everytime the PC was
> turned on. After a query on the web a gentleman sent me a file to put this
> back into the system folder.  I did this and now I have the error message
> xmltok.dll is not found.
> In either case our word application comes up with an error and lord knows
> what else might not be operating right now. Can you help or is this
> hopeless.  Please respond either way, thank you.

Hi Dan,

Even though it appears that you are having problems with some kind of
Expat installation (Expat being an XML parser), it is unlikely that
you got it from us. PyXML, the software package we distribute, does
not include a separate xmlparse.dll. Instead, we incorporate xmlparse
and xmltok into a single DLL, pyexpat.pyd.

As to your problem: If you need "instant messenger" (what kind of
software is this?), you probably need to get xmltok.dll as well.
If you don't need that messenger, I recommend to uninstall it.

Regards,
Martin