[XML-SIG] HTML<->UTF-8 'codec'?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:59:39 -0400

Bill Janssen writes:
 > First off, this seems like an obvious thing to do, so has someone
 > already done it?  Or is there some obvious flaw in the idea which
 > I just haven't seen?

  I haven't seen it, either, but it would be really nice.  Most people
don't want to end up with &#...; character references; they'd rather
have the general entity references.

 > Secondly, is there any documentation on the _codecs module, which
 > seems full of interesting and useful stuff for this purpose?

  No.  There is limited documentation on the codecs module, though.
If you'd like to extend that while you're at it, I'd certainly
appreciate it!

 > Thirdly, what's the equivalent of chr() for Unicode characters?

  unichr() is a built-in function which does this; see the docs if you
need more information.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>