[XML-SIG] pyexpat.c help

Watson, Brian doc@pcola.gulf.net
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 21:55:08 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to get ParsedXML to work in Zope 2.4.1 with Python 2.1.  At
the ParsedXML site at zope.org, there is a zipe file with the VC++
project file to build pyexpat.pyd.  I get this error when building:

   Creating library Debug/pyexpat.lib and object Debug/pyexpat.exp
pyexpat.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __Py_Dealloc
pyexpat.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __Py_RefTotal
pyexpat.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __Py_NoneStruct
pyexpat.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PyExc_IOError
pyexpat.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PyExc_TypeError
pyexpat.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PyFile_Type
pyexpat.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_PyExc_ValueError
pyexpat.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PyString_Type
pyexpat.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_PyExc_AttributeError
pyexpat.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_PyExc_RuntimeError
pyexpat.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_Py_InitModule4TraceRefs
pyexpat.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _PyType_Type
../pyexpat.pyd : fatal error LNK1120: 12 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

pyexpat.pyd - 13 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Is this .c written for python1.5 only?  I put py2.1 files in the
include/lib path.  Do I need a ver made to compile with 2.1?  Also, what
is pyexpat.pyd's role in zope (what does it do/used for)?  ANY help
would be very much appreciated; I've been trying for hours to make it
work...

Thanks in advance,
Brian W.