[XML-SIG] Is this a bug?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:26:23 -0400

Konrad Hinsen writes:
 > The Python 2.1 library reference, section 13.5. In 13.5.2.6,
 > getAttribute() and getAttributeNS() look like perfectly equivalent
 > alternatives, no mention of any parser parameters. And I wouldn't even

  I'll add something to the XML package docs about the NS vs. non-NS
methods; it's a pretty flakey distinction in my estimation.  The
Namespaces spec is pretty hopeless to start with, and the treatment of
it by DOM Level 2 just makes it worse.

 > Not that I want to criticize the work of the XML-SIG, it's a
 > tremendous piece of work. But the current state of the documentation
 > is the most chaotic stuff I have seen in the Python universe. A
 > special award goes to the "Package summary" in the PyXML
 > documentation, it makes learning Perl seem like an attractive
 > alternative.

  I think everyone here knows we need to do a better job on the
documentation.  It's a matter of time, and I'm sure you know how hard
that is to come by as much as we do.  ;-(

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation