[XML-SIG] validating XML

horst@freedict.de horst@freedict.de
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 21:21:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

progressing with my work, I stepped on the next thing, which I am not
sure how to solve (effectively).

I keep the entries of a large dictionary (100 000 entries, 20MByte XML)
in a database. (So the single entries are much smaller and easier to
handle)

When I import or edit the entries, I would like to make sure, that the
entries conform to a specific DTD. But I do not want to store the
corrsponding XML header with each word, as the document only should have
the header (which is stored separately).

Up to now my only idea is to add the header before validation, and
delete it afterwards. - If anyone could let me know about a more elegant
way of doing this, I would like to learn about it

bye,

horst

--
Horst@freedict.de
Horst Eyermann

You need a dictionary? - visit http://www.freedict.de
for free (GPL) dictionaries (unix; windows work in progress)
For windows, visit http://www.freedict.de/wbuch

A article (in German) about dictionary efforts on the net
http://www.heise.de/tp/deutsch/inhalt/on/5927/1.html