[XML-SIG] xmlproc bug ?

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 15:59:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> > So I guess the answer to my original question is 'fixed in CVS'.
>
> I think this is not the answer. Your original question was about
> 1.5.2, and the CVS xmlproc will generate Unicode objects only for
> Python 1.6 and later. In 1.5.2, it is supposed to use the integrated
> code set converters in xml.parsers.xmlproc.charconv. I don't have
> 1.5.2 anymore, so I couldn't (yet) investigate why that fails.

In my original mail I said I was able to reproduce the problem using both
python 1.5.2 and python 2.1.1, both having PyXML 0.6.6 installed. I guess
the reason why Jürgen could reproduce it with python 2.0 and not Python
2.1 is that his python 2.1 installation has PyXML 0.7 installed, whereas
the 2.0 install has 0.6.6 (or earlier).

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).