[XML-SIG] Re: [4suite] from CNR - Italy

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 08:03:34 -0600

"Martin v. Loewis" wrote:

> > What OS are you on?  It looks like pyexpat did not get
> > compilied/installed properly.
> [...]
> > > ImportError: libexpat.so.0: cannot open shared object file: File o directory inesistente
>
> Do you have a libexpat.so.0 on your system? If so, you need to set
> your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the directory containing it.
>
> Of course, it is confusing that pyexpat would link with a shared
> libexpat that cannot be found. This is most likely an error. To
> investigate it, we need to know in detail what you did to install
> PyXML. I.e. please report
>
> - what system you are using
> - what file you've downloaded to install PyXML (exact URL please)
> - what commands you've used in what order to install PyXML
>
> If you could give further clues (e.g. why it might think to use
> libexpat.so.0), don't hesitate to communicate them as well.

The funny thing is that on my Red Hat 7.1 system, it isn't
"libpyexpat.so.0" that is built by PyXML, but rather

/usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/_xmlplus/parsers/pyexpat.so

Looking at the code, I don't see why on earth it would be looking for
"libpyexpat.so.0" on UNIX.

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management