[XML-SIG] Default namespaces, attributes, 4DOM and the W3Crecommendation

paul@boddie.net paul@boddie.net
27 Sep 2001 15:31:17 -0000

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:12:02 +0200 (CEST) Alexandre Fayolle
<Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr> wrote:

>This will probably not fully answer your question, but what we use in
>Narval's development branch to cope with this is code looking like:
>
>attr_ns = attributeNode.namespaceURI or \
>          attributeNode.ownerElement.namespaceURI
>
>In other words, we use the element's nsuri if none is given for the
>attribute.  The major drawback to this approach is that you need to access
>the attribute node itself.

Yes, this is more or less what I supposed I would need to do. Indeed, I
wouldn't need to use the ownerElement attribute, given that most of the time I
would reference (or obtain a reference to) the attribute using the owner
element's DOM object.

Thanks,

Paul

--