[XML-SIG] XMLFilterBase examples?

James Christensen jmlchristensen@yahoo.com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 06:14:22 -0700 (PDT)

My SAX-life up to now has been pretty much confined to
perl with an occasional experimental romp with java,
but now I'm using python.

What I want to do and what I really like about SAX
processing is setting up multiple discrete filters
that take in a stream of sax events and produce a
stream of sax events. I suppose this is possible in
python, but I have to admit it's not immediately
obvious to me how to achieve this. I suppose part of
the problem is that I'm not quite clear on the proper
way to write a handler that's not just a sax event
sink.

Any leads, tips, example bits of code, pointers, etc
would be greatly appreciated. A python implementation
of XML::SAX::Machines would be met with thunderous
acclamation.

James