[XML-SIG] XMLFilterBase examples?

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 09:03:15 -0600

> My SAX-life up to now has been pretty much confined to
> perl with an occasional experimental romp with java,
> but now I'm using python.
>
> What I want to do and what I really like about SAX
> processing is setting up multiple discrete filters
> that take in a stream of sax events and produce a
> stream of sax events. I suppose this is possible in
> python, but I have to admit it's not immediately
> obvious to me how to achieve this. I suppose part of
> the problem is that I'm not quite clear on the proper
> way to write a handler that's not just a sax event
> sink.
>
> Any leads, tips, example bits of code, pointers, etc
> would be greatly appreciated. A python implementation
> of XML::SAX::Machines would be met with thunderous
> acclamation.

I see that Martin already gave you the basics.  Ask further questions as you
need them, but about this XML::SAX::Machines thing: I'm not sure what it is,
but if, as you suggest, it's something that would help newbies to SAX filter
writing, we'd be grateful if you were willing to implement and post such a
module with our help and guidance.  We'd also be grateful if you post exactly
how you succeed in your task when you do so that others like you can benefit.

Thanks.

Track chair, XML/Web Services One Boston: http://www.xmlconference.com/
Basic XML and RDF techniques for knowledge management, Part 7 -
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think12.html
Keeping pace with James Clark - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/libra
ry/x-jclark.html
Python and XML development using 4Suite, Part 3: 4RDF -
http://www-105.ibm.com/developerworks/education.nsf/xml-onlinecourse-bytitle/8A
1EA5A2CF4621C386256BBB006F4CEC