[XML-SIG] Error 404 and xml.dom.ext.reader

Alexandre Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:25:24 +0200

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 09:38:51AM +0200, Alexandre wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 05:50:06PM +0200, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> > Mike Olson <Mike.Olson@fourthought.com> writes:
> >
> > > I think it is a good idea.
> >
> > I agree. Alexandre, would you like to implement that change?
>
> I'll give it a try today.

OK, I've got something up and running, which runs nicely with
regrtest.py. I'll be committing it very soon.

The changes are mainly on the line of changing urllib.urlopen to
urllib2.urlopen, and urllib.basejoin to urlparse.urljoin.

However, I noticed that whereas urllib.urlopen whas happy with
filesystem paths, urllib2.urlopen is not (e.g. urllib2.urlopen('/etc/passwd')
raises an AssertionError).

I had to work a bit on xml/parsers/xmlproc/xmlapp.py so that the
regression tests would pass. My concern is that there may be other
places with similar issues which are not triggered by regrtest.py.

It would be a great help if you could install the new version and tell
me if it causes problems with your application.

Thanks.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).