[XML-SIG] Error 404 and xml.dom.ext.reader

Alexandre Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:56:46 +0200

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 04:42:04PM -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> There are subtle but important differences between the behavior of
> urllib.basejoin and  urlparse.urljoin, especially with file URLs in Windows.
> I don't remember the full details off-head but I think Tom Passim and Mike
> Olson had detailed messages on this in the past.
>
> I would suggest keeping urllib around just for basejoin, since it seems we've
> reached, after a lot of tinkering,  a balance where the fewest number of
> platform users scream  :-)

OK, I've just commited the changes. I haven't changed existing calls to
urlparse.urljoin to urllib.basejoin, only reverted my fixes.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).