[XML-SIG] CGI Problem

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 21:28:52 +0200

Michael Hall writes:
 > I have a Python CGI script that converts XML to HTML using XSLT (PyXML).
 > The script produces beautiful output to standard out if called from the
 > command line, but will not work if called via http. Other simpler
 > Python CGI scripts in the same directory that simply print "Hello World"
 > work fine.
 > "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/_xmlplus/xslt/StylesheetReader.py", line 355, in initParser
 > self.parser.ExternalEntityRefHandler = self.handler.entityRef AttributeError: StylesheetReader instance has no attribute
 > 'entityRef'
Looks like a bug in "xml2html.py" script.

Apparently the registered handler (maybe the "Document" handler, but
I am not sure) seems not to provide for external entitity resolution.

 > Where should I be looking for the problem? .xml file? .xsl file? .py CGI
 > script? server environment?
It's not the XML nor the XSL file nor the CGI script.

Some registered handler lacks support for External Entity resolution.

Dieter