[XML-SIG] py2exe (Was: 4Suite problems)

Anders Bruun Olsen anders@bruun-olsen.net
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 12:09:28 +0100

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 07:23:10PM -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> > I will start trying really hard to get py2exe to work once the program
> > has reached a somewhat finished state (only 2 things more to fix).
> > Should I mail you directly or should I mail the list upon interesting
> > progress (or lack of same)?
> I think it would be best to send mail to the 4Suite list.
> If you don't wish to subscribe, let me know and I'll grant you permissions to
> post without subscribing.

Okay, I have subscribed, but I think that this first problem I have run
into is related to PyXML, not 4Suite.

After having build an exe file and whatever other files py2exe has
deemed necessary I run the exe file and get this output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 26, in ?
  File "imputil.pyc", line 103, in _import_hook
  File "<string>", line 52, in _import_top_module
  File "imputil.pyc", line 216, in import_top
  File "imputil.pyc", line 271, in _import_one
  File "<string>", line 128, in _process_result
  File "backend.pyc", line 24, in ?
  File "imputil.pyc", line 132, in _import_hook
  File "<string>", line 70, in _finish_import
  File "imputil.pyc", line 318, in _load_tail
ImportError: No module named _xmlplus.dom

I am pretty sure _xmlplus.dom is something in the PyXML package (which I
also use in my program), right?

I really have no idea what to do about this. Please note that I am
running it on the same machine I have built it on, which means that all
the Python stuff is installed there.

--
Anders
PGPKey: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8BFECB41