[XML-SIG] PrettyPrint

Martin v. Löwis martin@v.loewis.de
17 Dec 2002 17:36:57 +0100

JS <scjuonline@web.de> writes:

> I could use Print since it doesn't add any additional data. But
> Pretty is more pretty ;-)
>
> I'm not sure about ignorable whitespace in xml, but I think, it is not
> correct.

What do you mean, "not correct"? If you mean that the printed document
is not the same (for some definition of "same") as the original
document.  However, I can't see how you derive specific expectations
for the CDATA node from that. *Any* added white space changes the
output, so it if adding white space means that the document won't be
correct, it is impossible to make a print function that is
simultaneously pretty and correct.

Regards,
Martin