[XML-SIG] [OT] tDOM

Daniel Veillard veillard@redhat.com
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 04:10:18 -0500

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 09:44:21AM +0100, Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
> I've jsut come accross this article on IBM developer works, and I thought
> some people here might be interested :
> http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tdom.html?n-x-272
>
> It's about an onpensourced C implementation of DOM and XSLT (based on the
> expat parser) with tcl bindings, which makes it somewhat offtopic here.
> However, it's supposed to be very fast, so maybe it could be interesting
> to provide python bindings.

  BTW, I'm about to release python bindings as part of the libxml2
and libxslt distributions [1]. Both are also C implementations, and
generally considered fast and conformant ones.
  The python bindings will provide:
     - SAX wrappers
     - DOM like access to the trees if generated, plus mutator
       and saving operations
     - Catalog (XML and SGML support)
     - integrated HTML parser with similar handling as XML
     - XSLT support
     - EXSLT support (nearly complete)
     - the possibility to extend XPath and XSLT engine with
       routines written in Python

Daniel

[1] http://xmlsoft.org/ and http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/