[XML-SIG] WSDL library ?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:44:31 +0100

Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> But it still is hacky.  The biggest problems in my own experience are:
>
> * ASCII only (UTF-7, anyone?)

that's a myth.  in private correspondence, dave has always been 100%
clear that an XML-RPC string can contain anything that's allowed by XML.

(you cannot read Dave stuff with your W3C goggles on ;-)

and contrary to what the wienerboys are claiming, you can use XML-RPC
over HTTPS too, without breaking any law.

> * Very sketchy datatyping support for RPC, including no support for generic
> types.
>
> Some people might consider part 2 outside the 80% point, but I disagree: I
> think that flexible data types are the key to complex problem solving using
> RPC.
>
> Of course, that is bearing in mind that it's better to to avoid RPC entirely
> if one has complex problems to solve.

exactly.

what was your point again? <wink>

</F>