[XML-SIG] Python versions supported by PyXML?

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
16 Feb 2002 09:52:20 +0100

"Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org> writes:

> I had been thinking that we still wanted to support Python 2.0, but
> Martin's most recent changes to pyexpat.c dropped support for Python
> versions before 2.2 (PyOS_snprintf() was added then, and pyexpat.c now
> relies on that.)

That is only temporary: The change was already in Python's pyexpat.c,
and I merely propagated it to PyXML. It's definitely desirable to port
this with older Python versions.

I think the best approach is to revert Tim's change and use sprintf
again, adding a comment that this cannot possibly overflow, unless you
have integers larger than 64 bits, and that many lines and columns in
a file.

Regards,
Martin