[XML-SIG] Python versions supported by PyXML?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 12:42:43 -0500

Martin v. Loewis writes:
 > It is a macro for snprintf, but Fred thinks this is a hack, and I agree.
 > Making it a macro for sprintf would be even more of a hack.

The reason I think it's a poor hack is that there's no check that
snprintf() is available.  If there is one, I'm happy to use the macro
like I checked in yesterday.  I'm not happy about not dealing with
platforms that don't provide an snprintf() at all.

 > I don't see the rationale for using snprintf in the single place that
 > uses it, and I think it makes the code clearer if the change to use
 > PyOS_snprintf is reverted.

I'm also happy with this.

  -Fred

--