[XML-SIG] PEPs for PyXML?

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:18:37 -0700

> [Rich Salz]
>
> > > To make that a bit easier, I've attached a DTD and css stylesheet for
> xml
> > > PEPs, a slight variation on what I sent in last year.
> >
> > Check out IETF RFC 2629, which is an XML DTD for RFC's.  It includes
> > tools to convert to HTML and plain text ("lpr") format.  It's very
> > nice.  Some examples can be found at:
> > http://www.zolera.com/resources/opensrc/i-d/
> >
> This looks nice, too.  I got the xml2rfc package and tried it out.
> Interesting that it fails to convert the rfc itself into text (it works for
> html) - it stopped after the abstract.  The copy of the rfc on the IEFT site
> also stops at the end of the abstract - someone must have run the same tool
> and not checked the results!
>
> Anyway, it looks good and may have more than we need.  I sort of copied
> Python PEPs (and simplified them) for mine, but I think it needs a few more
> features.  Either way, we've got somehting to start using.

OK, but I have a proposal to write, and I don't have time to write it in both
formats.  Let's decide on one format.

I must say I like the fit of Thomas's solution better, but it's hard to argue
with the prestige of an IETF-blessed format.

What say you lot?

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management