[XML-SIG] Cocoon-like, XML-Python-based web server?

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:58:49 -0700

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 09:15:29PM -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> > Actually, 4Suite includes all this: a Web server (plus FTP server) that
> > provides XML, XSLT, XPath, RDF, Xlink, XPointer, XUpdate, etc. processing
> > built-in, all available from an XSLT or Python API.
>
>    BTW, what's the current state of your XPointer implementation,
> do you support ranges and the xmlns() scheme ?

We're never likely to support ranges.  In fact, in general, I'm part way on an
effort to make 4XPointer more aptly named 4FIXPtr.

As for namespace initialization, I think that is indeed supported, though it's
been a while since I've checked (the extant code isn't my sandbox).

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management