[XML-SIG] Re: Ideas for web/ package

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 04:13:38 -0700

> Just thought I'd drop a note:
>
> You may be interested in the mxURL package for dealing with URL,
> URIs or whatever you call them ;-):

I hadn't been aware of this until you mentioned it earlier in the thread.

Indeed, I think URL versus URI is the crux of the problem.  We do need a
UriResolver to be easily extensible to non-URL schemes, in particular URNs
(most often UUID-based URNs).

It looks as if mxURL has some extensibility built in, but I don't see in the
API how to plug in URN catalogs.

I suppose one could write a more general URI resolver and delegate URL-based
schemes to mxURL...

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management