[XML-SIG] Availability of libxml2 and libxslt Python bindings

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 08:02:46 -0700

> I don't know how this could fit in the xml-sig framework, but they are now
> available as part of the libxml2 and libxslt releases. More informations
> and small tutorial/examples at:
>    http://xmlsoft.org/python.html
>    and
>    http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/python.html
>
> You will notice how XPath and XSLT engines can be extended with functions
> written in Python.
> Of course the Python bindings inherit from the speed and strict adherence
> to the associated standard which are the key points of the underlying C
> libraries. The libxml2 conformance against the OASIS XML test suite is
> actually written as a Python script using the libxml2 module.

I think we should have as many tools as makes sense in PyXML.  My main
question would be: what else do people need to have besides what is bundled in
PyXML?  I assume libxml and the like, which is probably too much.

Either way, I'd be happy to update the XML-SIG XML topic to mention it.

Thanks a bunch for this.

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management