[XML-SIG] Availability of libxml2 and libxslt Python bindings

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:25:44 -0500

[Daniel Veillard]
 >    Hum, each time I touch those CSS settings somemeone complains I
 > should fix them in a different way... the good point is that I just need

That's what users are for!  ;-)

Thomas B. Passin writes:
 > 1) edit the code by hand to insert line breaks where possible (as in line
 > continuations possible with some languages),

I only see one long code line on the page, and I wouldn't use a
continuation line to change it.  I'd use something like:

reference = ("startDocument:startElement foo {'url': 'tst'}:"
             "characters: bar:endElement foo:endDocument:")

 > 2) not use <pre> but use arial, sans-serif,  or some other non-monospaced
 > font, because more characters will fit on a line and still be readable
 > (non-traditional but often helpful),

We tried this for the Python documentation, and the reaction was very
mixed.  If all instances of the selected element/class are purely code
examples, you'll probably be OK.  (For the Python docs, what
definately killed the idea was that we use the same element/class to
display interactive sessions, and changing that would be a *lot* of
tedious work, just to end up with inconsistent displays.)

 > Your site isn't the only one. The Zope site, for example, has a lot of pages
 > with this problem too.

I'd say something here, but then I'd get tasked with fixing it.  ;-(
Many of us are aware of the problem, but generally not those of us who
write the stylesheets.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>