[XML-SIG] Availability of libxml2 and libxslt Python bindings

Hannu Krosing hannu@tm.ee
21 Feb 2002 20:55:18 +0200

On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 20:47, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Hannu Krosing writes:
>  > >>> import dl
>  > Traceback (most recent call last):
>  >   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>  > ImportError: No module named dl
>  >
>  > This is on RH linux 7.1 with Python 2.2
>
> That's annoying.  Did you install from the RPMs or build from source?

This is 2.2c1 installed from RPMs

> It looks like Python's default build will attempt to build it if it
> can find the dlfcn.h header file, so either that wasn't found on the
> machine it was built on, or that module was specifically not included
> (which wouldn't be unreasonable, I suppose).

I looked them up in /usr/include/bits/dlfcn.h and wirth this it works

>>> sys.setdlopenflags(0x00002|0x00100)
>>> import libxslt

So will this be the standard way to work with python 2.2 and libxslt ;)

Hannu