[XML-SIG] Re: Maki: great!

Alessandro Bottoni abottoni@quadrante.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 01:50:37 -0800

I apologize! I read the docs on your site a long time ago and I got
convinced it was a commercial product, probably because of the required
registration... Given this situation, I will re-take 4Suite into account for
my work.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Uche Ogbuji" <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>
To: "Alessandro Bottoni" <abottoni@quadrante.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 6:53 AM
Subject: Re: [XML-SIG] Re: Maki: great!

> 4SuiteServer
> 1) 4SuiteServer is a commercial application. When possible, I (we) avoid
> use commercial application, even if the cost is very, very low. The reason
> of this (arguable) behavior is that is becoming a nightmare to manage the
> huge amount of license documents/criteria and the continuos stream of
> licence expiration/payment events in our (already chaotic) production
> environment. For what regards me, I abandoned M$ for the same reasons a
long
> time ago.

Say what?

First of all, "4Suite server" has disappeared.  We've bundled the XML
repository right into 4Suite, as an easier way to manage the packaging and
development.

Secondly, 4Suite Server was always free and open-source.  We did request
people to register before the free download, as a fair exchange, but the
software was Apache license, which is about as free as it gets.

Certainly, now that the repository features have been merged into 4Suite,
there should be no more confusion on that matter.

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management