[XML-SIG] RELAX NG: who wants to write a parser?

akuchlin@mems-exchange.org akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 16:17:52 -0500

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 09:42:25PM -0500, akuchlin@mems-exchange.org wrote:
>Does anyone want to code up a parser?

This Sunday I was trapped somewhere with nothing else to do, and spent
a few hours writing a parser for the simplified syntax described in
section 5 of the RELAX NG specification.  So now there's another part
of the task that no longer needs to be done.  However it's still not
possible to run the test suite because the numerous simplifications
described in section 4 of the spec have to be implemented in order to
convert the full syntax into the simple syntax.  So does anyone want
to do *that*?  (That seems to be more complicated than the task of
parsing the simple syntax.)

The parser code isn't available yet, as I'm still trapped at this
meeting and can't make a new release, but I'll send a note as soon as
it's available.

--amk