[XML-SIG] 4DOM HTML erroneously using NS methods

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 00:55:50 -0700

> > All the convience methods defined on HTML elements are expecting the
> > attributes to stored via setAttribute not the NS verision.  It would be
> > quite an udertaking to change all of those.  Another problem is that
> > attribute names are not uppercased as element names are.
>
> Another way to fix this problem without reverting changes is to add to
> html elements a setAttributeNS method which delegate in the same way as
> setAttribute.

Well, I have no desire to add to another's work-load.  Given mine, that would
just be a case of misery looking for company.

But I dislike this solution on semantic grounds.  HTML has no conception of
namespaces, so using even the *appearance* of namespace methods on HTML
elements is, IMO quite problematic.

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management