[XML-SIG] 4DOM HTML erroneously using NS methods

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 07:30:34 +0100

> Good point.  The text I quoted appears in the DOM Rec, but as I re-read
> those sections it does look like they are giving advice to application
> developers.  It seems that they are saying that, if you want to use the
> (xml) DOM with HTML documents, to lowercase all names before comparing them,
> since XHTML uses lowercase names.  Presumably an HTML parser will have creat
> ed a DOM document with upper-case names before you get to the point of doing
> comparisons.

Yes, that's how I read it as well. In the light of this, the advice
you quoted (always pass lower-case strings, to make it work both with
HTML and XHTML) becomes hard to understand, though.

Regards,
Martin