[XML-SIG] Expat 1.95.4

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 22:33:07 -0400

Uche Ogbuji writes:
 > This will be great for cDomlette as well.

Glad to hear it!

 > I tried to upgrade cDomlette to use expat 1.95.2, but because this
 > now uses autoconf, its hard for us to create a siloed version that
 > we can ship with 4Suite.  For this reasom we still use expat 1.2
 > for cDomlette.

Is there a problem with the way it's handled in PyXML?  The recent
releases have used Expat 1.95.2, and I'm not aware of any problems
with that.  Have I missed a bug report on PyXML?  Or Python 2.3, which
uses the same approach as PyXML.  I know there aren't any relevant
reports against Expat itself.

 > I don't suppose anyone has solved the problem of having a ready
 > cross-platform code-base for expat?  That would probably mean
 > replacing the configuration params with platform #ifdefs.  This
 > would make it much easier for us to upgrade and get the most recent
 > improvements.

What platforms have you had problems with?  We've seen no reports
about problems related to this.  Please be specific, and we can
consider changing things if needed.

The Expat bug tracker is on SourceForge:

	http://sourceforge.net/projects/expat/

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>