[XML-SIG] Expat 1.95.4

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 21:27:06 -0600

>  > I tried to upgrade cDomlette to use expat 1.95.2, but because this
>  > now uses autoconf, its hard for us to create a siloed version that
>  > we can ship with 4Suite.  For this reasom we still use expat 1.2
>  > for cDomlette.
>
> Is there a problem with the way it's handled in PyXML?  The recent
> releases have used Expat 1.95.2, and I'm not aware of any problems
> with that.  Have I missed a bug report on PyXML?  Or Python 2.3, which
> uses the same approach as PyXML.  I know there aren't any relevant
> reports against Expat itself.

Well, you caught me out: I never actually tried just copying all the files and
setup code from PyXML.  For some reason that never occurred to me.  I was
having trouble working things so it would beuild under both Win and Linux, but
looking at the setup.py code in PyXML, I think it handles what I ran into.

I give it a try in 4Suite tonight and report on expat/SF if I run into any
problems.

Track chair, XML/Web Services One Boston: http://www.xmlconference.com/
The many heads of XML modeling - http://adtmag.com/article.asp?id=6393
Will XML live up to its promise? - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/li