[XML-SIG] Expat 1.95.4

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 08:02:50 -0600

> Martin v. Loewis writes:
>  > I made a report for Expat (although I can't find it at the moment)
>  > that Expat does not really use autoconf. That report was closed as
>  > "Won't Fix".
>
> It was hiding in the patch manager:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=458907&group_id=10127&atid=310127
>
> I wasn't able to figure out exactly why I made the rejection based on
> a quick look at the comments, so I'll re-open it for consideration for
> Expat 1.95.5 since you & Uche have both had at least some (reasonable)
> objection to using autoconf.
>
> Uche, you probably want to visit the report and at least click on the
> "Monitor" button, if not provide additional information in a comment
> there.

Thanks, but I'm no longer as interested  :-)

Last night I copied over the mechanism in PyXML for setting up expat, and
after some tweaking, I got it working.  I now have 1.95.4 support for
cDomlette checked in on a 4Suite branch, though I haven't changed cDomlette to
use the new namespace feature yet (will probably wait until after 0.12.0 goes
gold).