Fwd: [XML-SIG] [ pyxml-Bugs-581175 ] Bad bangpath for scripts on install (e.g

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
14 Jul 2002 10:47:24 +0200

"Juergen Hermann" <jh@web.de> writes:

> > Which does not exist, causing them to fail.
>
> I have a little distutils extension that _generates_ script stubs,
> instead of distutils copying them. This has the added benefit that it
> creates .cmd files on windows.

I'd be interested for a different project (Fnorb), but in this case, I
think it is unnecessary. There must be a user error of some kind,
since the distributed scripts had been using /usr/bin/python. Since
the user sees /usr/local/bin/python in the installed scripts, it is a
clear sign that distutils had updated them correctly to point to
sys.executable.

So it appears that the user had been using a python executable that
has a sys.executable of /usr/local/bin/python. I don't understand why
he then says that /usr/local/bin/python is not present.

Regards,
Martin