Fwd: [XML-SIG] [ pyxml-Bugs-581175 ] Bad bangpath for scripts on install (e.g

Juergen Hermann Juergen Hermann" <jh@web.de
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:50:01 +0200

On 14 Jul 2002 15:41:20 +0200, Martin v. Loewis wrote:

>That won't work together with bdist_wininst, right? Since the scripts
>will have the hard-coded Python executable path from build time, which
>might be different at installation time.

That might indeed be true, I never used it together with a windows
installer.

I guess this could be corrected by checking the current command, and
then emitting not the full paths to python, but only a relative one
("python.exe").

Ciao, J=FCrgen