Fwd: [XML-SIG] [ pyxml-Bugs-581175 ] Bad bangpath for scripts on install (e.g

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
15 Jul 2002 21:54:07 +0200

"Juergen Hermann" <jh@web.de> writes:

> I guess this could be corrected by checking the current command, and
> then emitting not the full paths to python, but only a relative one
> ("python.exe").

It's even more tricky. Windows installations do associate .py with the
"default" Python installation, but don't put Python into the
path. Hence, you can invoke "foo.py", but invoking "python.exe foo.py"
likely fails.

That's why I'll be installing .py files on Windows, instead of .bat
files. Users can then add .py to CMDEXT (or whatever the name of the
environment variable is) if they don't want to type the .py.

Regards,
Martin