[XML-SIG] Differing symbols in PyXML?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:33:32 -0400

Uche Ogbuji writes:
 > No.  I got it exactly backwards.  This is what I find on stock Debian
 > Python 2.2. install (it's the same as what's in the Python 2.2 I built
 > myself):

Well, at least this wasn't a side effect of my minidom changes!

I just trolled through the CVS logs and changes; it looks like Jeremy
Kloth checked that name-change in xml/dom/__init__.py in revision
1.13.  This was a 4DOM change, not a minidom change!  ;-)

(On the other hand, I like the new name better.)

Probably the right thing to do for PyXML is to restore the original
name and make the new name an alias.  We should not use or encourage
use of the new name.  I might like it better, but that's no reason to
change the Python DOM API.  The documentation only names
DomstringSizeErr.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>