[XML-SIG] Preparing for PyXML 0.8

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:37:19 -0400

Uche Ogbuji writes:
 > Apparently not in Debian.  Perhaps this is actually a bug in the
 > Debian packaging.  Perhaps Jerome was extra clever and decided to
 > disable compiling pyexpat in since Python has its own?  Alexandre?
 > Any ideas?

Avoid excess cleverness and always use our own Expat/pyexpat?  Anyone
that defeats the build support we provide is on there own, and should
be mercilessly hunted down with suction-cup darts.

 > Smart alec  :-)

You know me!

 > I was thinking more along the lines of what you said above: the
 > person who made the change (you, I suppose) assumed PyXML always
 > builds its own pyexpat.

Actually, the pyexpat changes to add the interning and the
xml.sax.expatreader use of that are Martin's contribution, based (at
least in part) on conversations with me.  I think this is something
you & I also discussed at Python 10, though I don't think we talked
about the SAX changes.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>