[XML-SIG] expath and python2.2 debian bug

Alexandre Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:44:12 +0200

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 11:22:43AM -0400, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Alexandre writes:
>  > Here's the answer I received.
>  > Here the output :
>  > ------------------
>  > <module 'xml.parsers.expat' from
>  > '/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/_xmlplus/parsers/expat.pyc'>
>  > Traceback (most recent call last):
>  >   File "1", line 3, in ?
>  >     from xml.parsers import pyexpat
>  > ImportError: cannot import name pyexpat
>  > -------------------------
>
> This installation does not have a PyXML-provided pyexpat.  Hmm.  I'm
> not sure what release started to always build pyexpat... ah, the log
> tells me that we added that *after* 0.7.1 was released!
>
> So, this is a real bug in 0.7.1, but has already been fixed in CVS by
> ensuring we always provide a pyexpat that supports the intern keyword
> on ParserCreate().
>
> I'll close the bug as "fixed in CVS".

Well. I'll fix this when I upload python-xml-0.8, then.

Thanks for your answers.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).