[XML-SIG] problem whith the error " ImportError: cannot import name boolean"

Mike Olson Mike.Olson@fourthought.com
26 Jul 2002 11:08:55 -0600

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 09:45, Nicolas wrote:

This is such a common problem that I've added code to print out a decent
error message when it happens.  Unfortunatly, the code I've added could
cause use problems down the line unless we encourage people to do a
fresh install as opposed to upgrading 4Suite.

[molson@penny 4Suite]$ python -c"from Ft.Lib import boolean"
There is a problem importing the compiled boolean module.
This can mean that there were errors with ths installation of
4Suite.  Inwhich case you should contact 4Suite@lists.fourthought.com
with the
error messages generated during installation.

This can also mean that you are attempting to execute code from the
installation
directory.  If your current working directory contains the setup.py file
for
4Suite installation then you are in the installation directory for
4Suite.  You
must change directories before you can use the Ft module.

Mike