[4suite] Re: [XML-SIG] problem whith the error " ImportError: cannot import name boolean"

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
27 Jul 2002 23:56:23 -0600

On Sat, 2002-07-27 at 17:42, Mike Olson wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 23:52, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> > > Nope, unless we move DistExt.
> > >
> > > The problem is that in setup.py we do "from Ft.Lib import DistExt".  If,
> > > in Ft/Lib/__init__.py you mess with boolean, which does not exist at
> > > install time, then we won't be able to install.
> >
> > Was this meant to be a challenge?  No better way to get me to fix the
> > problem  :-)
> >

> Oh yah, XSLT and RDF are slow and I don't think these are fixable :)

I disagree.  They are quite "fixable", but I'm personally not interested
in any more non-trivial optimizations to this generation of XSLT and
RDF.  I'm looking forward to 4Suite 1.0 so that we can refactor the lot.

Track chair, XML/Web Services One Boston: http://www.xmlconference.com/
Basic XML and RDF techniques for knowledge management, Part 7 -
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think12.html
Keeping pace with James Clark -
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-jclark.html
Python and XML development using 4Suite, Part 3: 4RDF -
http://www-105.ibm.com/developerworks/education.nsf/xml-onlinecourse-bytitle/8A1EA5A2CF4621C386256BBB006F4CEC