[XML-SIG] Restrictions on documentation of AttributesImpl objects?

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Sun, 02 Jun 2002 09:48:36 -0600

> Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com> writes:
>
> > Anyway, is there any reason the Pythonic APIS (__getitem__, keys,
> > get, items, etc.) are not documented?
>
> "AttributesImpl objects implement a portion of the mapping protocol,
> and the methods copy(), get(), has_key(), items(), keys(), and
> values()"
>
> seems pretty clear to me...

*sigh*.  Perils of posting while tired.  Though I posted both links, I really
only paid attention to

http://python.org/doc/current/lib/attributes-ns-impl-objects.html

Which does not have the nice sentence you quote.  It also doesn't mention that
AttributesNSImpl is derived from AttributesImpl, so people won't know it
inherits these functions.

So I still think it's a doc problem, but I didn't state my case very well  :-)

Track chair, XML/Web Services One (San Jose, Boston):
http://www.xmlconference.com/
DAML Reference - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/05/01/damlref.html
The Languages of the Semantic Web - http://www.newarchitectmag.com/documents/s=
2453/new1020218556549/index.html