[XML-SIG] 4xslt not installed?

Paul Tremblay phthenry@earthlink.net
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 17:23:56 -0400

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 12:43:45PM -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> Huh?  Who said that?  I said that 0.11.1 is what has a bug with 2.2.  0.12.0
> works just fine.

Not for me. I had a new install of python 2.2 and of 4Suite .12. I posted on this board really got no solid anwers as to what I should do, so I decided to install the more stable (not alpha) version, .11.

> Then I'm not sure why you're having an import problem.  I certainly can't
> reproduce it.  Is there any other info you can offer?

No. Everyting is brand new in my install. I built python 2.13 two days ago. I downloaded PyXML .7 and built and installed this yesterday, as I did with the 4Suite.

This is very frustrating for me. I switched from perl to python because everyone said python was great for parsing xml. Xml.com calls it "charming python," but so far it has proved about as charming as a broken car. I keep downloading the newest versions of the libraries, building them and instaling them and keep getting errors. I haven't gotten Sax or 4xslt to work.

Thanks for your patience.

Paul

--

*Paul Tremblay         *