[XML-SIG] understanding the sources. wher to start?

David Niergarth jdnier@impressions.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:55:34 -0500

Paul Tremblay <phthenry@earthlink.net> writes:

> I completely agree that there are problems with the version
> conflicts and with documentation. I also bought the O'Reilly
> book (*Python & XML*). I find this book straightforward, but
> too short. For example, it handles xslt processing in around 20
> pages, when it really needs to be covered in 800.

Lars Marius Garshol's new book, Definitive XML Application Development, just
appeared at my local bookstore. I picked up a copy yesterday but have only
been able to glance at it. FYI, it has three chapters devoted to XSLT (190
pp.). The book looks very comprehensive and seems to take pains to describe
not only how to do XML processing in Python but also why you might choose
one technique over another. I'm not sure why Lars hasn't plugged the book
yet. ;-)

--David