[XML-SIG] Deep copy of an element from one document to another

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:03:32 -0400

Uche Ogbuji writes:
 > I like this idea, except iterators are 2.2 only.  I suppose the
 > __iter__ function would be harmless in an older version, but it
 > puts the onus on the user to write his code portably, probably
 > restoring the verbosity the iterator would have minimized.

Regarding the iterator:  it's worse than that, though:  I used the
"yield" keyword, which will cause a SyntaxError in Python 2.1.x and
earlier.  That might be a problem for some people, and is more tedious
to work around.  ;-(

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>