[XML-SIG] XPath's reliance on id()

Alexandre Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:27:22 +0100

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 07:24:02PM +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> I hadn't considered that, but at first glance it seems to be fairly icky to
> support this. These ParsedXML documents are usually persistent in the ZODB
> and it'd be adding yet another field to it all. Plus DOM manipulations would
> mean possible large scale changes of docIndex all over the tree..

I had a discussion with Uche on similar issues a few months ago. He
pointed out that the id could be floats, which means that, to a certain
extent, inserting a node in the middle of the tree didn't require that
the ids of nodes after the inserted one (in document order) had to be
updated. You just have to set the id of the new node to
0.5*(id_before+id_after).

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).